This guide aims to provide a useful framework for high school-level United 4 Social Change clubs. It draws upon experiences that United 4 Social Change clubs have had for the past few years and highlights successful practices and programs that new and developing United 4 Social Change clubs should work to implement. We recommend that the Presidents of all United 4 Social Change clubs read through our website and ask us any questions they may have.
The Mission Statement
United 4 Social Change is a nonprofit startup that develops effective civic leaders who write persuasively, speak passionately, and actively participate in the creation and dissemination of ideas.
The need for civic leaders (members of society who have the awareness, desire, and capacity to drive social change) is becoming apparent all over the world. People are either unable to see social ills, don’t appreciate the need for change, or don’t have the tools and skills to spur change.
This is why our work at U4SC has become ever crucial in making sure that everyone, and not just political and economic leaders, are participating in civic leadership.
Why Do It?
There are several benefits of forming a club through our national organization:
- Print materials and other supplies provided by the National Headquarters.
- Access to resources and a national network.
- Access to standardized and perfected materials for conducting activities.
- Funds available upon request from the National HQ to fulfill the foundation’s mission at the local level.
- Benefit from being associated with a national organization when conducting activities.